Now, I finished Dark Roads, had an edit and a little re-write, Listened to what my lovely wife had to say and made some adjustments and now I’ve sent it off to an agent who apparently is open to submissions.
Now what? Well, agents and publishing houses it seems don’t always send rejection slips many only bother replying when they’ve decided to go ahead with the submission. So I’ve said, if I don’t hear by the middle of July then I’m assuming the answer is ‘No’. Which seems fair enough to me, and is nothing like giving them an ultimatum. That way we both know where we stand and I’m not sitting around for ever wondering. And I’ll feel free to go elsewhere.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t feel as though I’m asking for a favour. I’m offering my work to give someone else a chance to make money from it. So let’s wait and see.
In the meantime I’ve picked up the second episode of the Lemmy and Marc saga and been working on that. I’ve changed the POV from first to third person so I’ve got more flexibility. We’re now 53k words in and I cna see where the story goes from here. This’ll probably be self-published on Amazon to match the first one.